1. It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
2. By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must be at least 90 percent peanuts. Below 90% and it should be labeled “peanut spread”.
3. The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year.
4. Over 60% of consumers prefer creamy peanut butter over crunchy.
5. The peanut is not a nut, but a legume related to beans and lentils.
The difference between Jelly and Jam:
Jelly is made strictly from the juice of fruit while jam is made from crushed fruit.
“Nothings spoils the taste of peanut butter and jelly quite like the unrequited love”~Charlie Brown (Peanuts)
Events of February 12
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1791 Peter Cooper was born.An American inventor who obtained the first…
View original post 143 more words