Mangospacho with basil infused lobster
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted
- 1 small green apple, peeled, chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large jalapeño chile, seeded, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs
Purée first 10 ingredients in blender. Chill 2 hours. do ahead Can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.
For basil puree: In a blender, puree 2 bunches of picked fresh basil leaves with 4oz of canola oil and a pinch of salt. add 1TBS of rice wine and a teaspoon of sugar. Reserve half of basil puree for garnish.
For lobster: Place 4oz. Maine lobster tails in simmering water for 6-8 mins, remove from pot and shock in ice water. Shell, devein and split lobster tails in half lengthwise. Toss lobster tails in basil puree and chill for at least 1 hour.
Ladle soup into 4 bowls; top each with 1 half lobster tail. Garnish with basil and cilantro.